For over 70 years Glad Tidings Church has ministered to the needs of our community. We offer a balanced and biblical model of spirit-filled ministry that is committed to both the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength [and] love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31, NIV)
“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.’” (Mark 16:15, NIV)
At Glad Tidings Church we apply these words of Jesus Christ in a vision statement that embraces both our community and the world: Pursuing God Serving People
In addition to music and singing, an integral part of our worship service is anointed preaching. The Bible is always our text and it is communicated in such a way that its truth is easy to understand and apply to your life.
Prayer for the sick and ministry at the altar are also very important aspects of our worship services.
Once the service is over be sure to stop by our Guest Connection in the lobby for a free gift.
Dress is whatever feels comfortable to you. Our members wear jeans, business casual or business dress.
If you have children, you may want to arrive early to get them settled in. A safe and clean nursery environment is provided during all of our services, and children’s ministry opportunities are also available. Greeters are on hand to help direct you and get your children signed in with KidCheck.
If you plan on visiting with us for the first time and have children, please go to “Kidcheck” and set up an account to make check in for your children quick and easy.
Rev. Timothy Rice is our Senior Pastor. He graduated from Valley Forge Christian College and received his Masters of Theological Studies from Duke Divinity School. He previously pastored Assembly of God churches in Durham and in Bristol, TN, before coming to Dunn nine years ago. He and his wife, Irene, have two sons, Joshua and Aidan, and a daughter, Abigail. Tim is also currently an Executive Presbyter for the NC District of the Assemblies of God and the President of Dunn United Ministerial Association (DUMA) which has recently started a Community Food Pantry.
Rev. Belinda Cruse is our Worship & Arts Pastor. She graduated from Campbell University with a degree in Church Music and a minor in Christian Education. She has been the Worship & Arts Pastor at Glad Tidings for 28 years. She and her husband, Randy, have four sons – Caleb, Benjamin, Matthew and Ethan. Belinda is an ordained minister in the Assemblies of God.
1. WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’(trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
6. WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvationthat empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
8. WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
10. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
13. WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
14. WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15. WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’